Every 4 year old knows one of the most powerful questions on the planet… Do you?
Let me give you a few hints…
- This question drives nearly all scientists in their research
- This question drives your decision to go into business
So what is this all-powerful, life-moving question?
As it relates to your business goals, the questions is – WHY do I care?
Nietzsche said “He who has a WHY to live for can bear almost any how.”
In other words – your ability to accomplish your goals are in direct proportion to how bad you want them, and what you are willing to do to get them.
When you have a powerful WHY, then you have created in yourself a powerful, renewable energy source that makes you UNSTOPPABLE!
This power source sits in your 3rd Chakra – located in your solar plexus region.
When you have a powerful reason for WHY your business matters, than you can move mountains to make your dreams a reality.
Let’s dive into that statement a little deeper.
First – your BIG WHY isn’t about money. Let’s clear up that confusion right away. We all need money to live and your business needs money to operate.
It’s also NOT about your desire to make the world a better place or make a difference. Those are important, but those belong to your heart chakra… that’s about what is near and dear to your heart.
Your BIG WHY is something unique and very selfish to you. It’s often something that you don’t even want to admit to yourself or say out loud to others… And that’s because it’s so very personal to you.
Let me share some BIG WHY’s from people I’ve worked with:
- Davids wants 4 hours a day purely for meditation, self-reflection and his spiritual studies. David’s goal is to complete a very intense spiritual journey. Time is what he lacks today. His BIG WHY for his business is to create a business that gives him time and space for him to pursue his spiritual passion and reach his goal of enlightenment in this lifetime!
- Jackie wants to prove to all those people in her past that told her that ‘she would never amount to anything’ that they were wrong. She has something to prove. She has a BIG WHY to create the self-respect that comes from owning her destiny and making it happen!
- Janice wants the world to know that she can stand on her own 2 feet and doesn’t need to rely on others to take care of her. She came out of a long relationship where she believed that her goals and dreams didn’t matter, that what she had to offer didn’t matter, and that she didn’t have the ‘smarts’ to run a successful business for herself. Janice’s BIG WHY is to be completely independent and responsible for all aspects of her life!
- Margaret (that’s me) wants to be able to look at herself in the mirror every night before bed and KNOW that she made a difference today. Her business is about answering her call from Source. Her BIG WHY is the feeling she gets when she steps into her power.
As you read these statements, can you see how powerful they are? Can you feel each person step into their power, as they OWN their destiny? I call these your “Selfish” goals – but I really mean that in the highest, purest and most spiritually meaningful send of the word.
What is your selfish why?
What do you have to prove to yourself?
If money and time were no object for you, what do you really, truly want for yourself?
Once you figure that out, and OWN it… and I mean truly OWN the power of what you WANT, then… and only then… are you ready to set aside every excuse and overcome every obstacle between you and the greatest version of yourself that you can imagine!
Can you see how this creates a powerful energy source for you?
And why you couple YOUR BIG WHY (from your power chakra) with your passion and mission (from your heart chakra), you create a powerful block of energy and a strong foundation for business success!!!
I guarantee that if you spend time and get really clear on WHAT you want and WHY you want it, you will be so jazzed about your future, that you can breakthrough virtually any obstacle that comes your way.
Do this and step into Your Source of Unstoppable Power!
Try it, and let me know how it goes for you in the comments below.